Consider this chapter.
Isaiah 45 1-8
“Thus says the Lord to His anointed,
To Cyrus, whose right hand I have held—
To subdue nations before him
And loose the armor of kings,
To open before him the double doors,
So that the gates will not be shut:
2 ‘I will go before you
And make the crooked places[a] straight;
I will break in pieces the gates of bronze
And cut the bars of iron.
3 I will give you the treasures of darkness
And hidden riches of secret places,
That you may know that I, the Lord,
Who call you by your name,
Am the God of Israel.
Awesome, that God before us and do amazing things for us.
We need to know the importance of entering into the presence of God every day.
So we need to establish some things before we get to the presence of God.
No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven
- This Jesus tells His disciples before He starts His ministry
- Tells them that He is in heaven while standing in front of them. How is this then possible?
- Jesus knew where He was ruling from
- He knew where His power was coming from
- He knew where His victory came from.
Now see this in Ephesians
Ephesians 2: 5-6
Even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
- WOW, so we are sitting with Christ in heavenly places
- This is not a suggestion but a fact according to our Lord Jesus
- He prayed that we be one, as He and the Father is one
- He in us and we in Him, He in the Father and the Father in Him.
- We have to know this every day in our lives, we easily forget where we are supposed to sit.
- This is the importance of why need to seek God every day.
This is how Jesus lived His life, saying that:
- He only speaks what the Father tells Him
- He only does what He sees the Father doing
This we find in John 5: 17 & 19-20
Jesus never preached His own experience or opinion.
2 important things Jesus did:
- He knew the scriptures Luke 2:47
- He prayed much Luke 9:29
One day he took John, Peter and James with him when He prayed
Luke 9: 28 – 29
Seeking God without any agenda is a good thing to do every day!
Proverbs 8:17, Psalm 119:10, Psalm 27:8, Hebrews 13:15